Moving is one of the most stressful parts of life. However, a good plan makes for a good move. These tips you can relax and focus on the exciting new adventure before you. These smart solutions will lead to a stress-free move. With consideration and a planning you can make any move the smart move.
One Month Before…..
• Create a moving binder to keep track of everything. Keep all your estimates, receipts, and inventories.
• Take an inventory of your home. Decide what you want to keep and what you would like to discard. Have a yard-sale or donate items that you no longer want.
• Select a moving company or reserve a rental truck with STORExpress.
• Begin packing the things that you do not use frequently.
Two Weeks Before….
• Once you know your new address, contact the following utility companies: phone, electric, gas, water, trash removal, and cable (schedule installation the same day as move-in).
• Arrange to have the utilities shut-off at your old address and turned on at your new home.
• Make an approximate floor plan of your new home that allows movers to properly place your furniture.
The Day Before…
• Make sure you have the following items on hand: Keys, maps, directions to your new home, a copy of your floor plan, and all moving-related documents.
• Do a final walk-through of your current house to make sure that you are not leaving anything behind.
• Reserve a parking space for the moving trucks as close as possible to your new home. They normally require at least three parking spaces per truck.
• Pick-up the rental truck. If you hired movers instead, make sure that they are on their way.