6 Steps to Prepare Your Car for Long Term Storage
- Wash and wax the vehicle before placing it in long-term car storage. Use a high coverage wax for the best sealant.
- Clean the inside of the car. The car should look brand new. Crumbs, trash, and clothes will deteriorate over
time, and you don’t want that mess in your car.
- Prevent animals, rodents, and bugs from entering your car by setting the air conditioning to “recirculate.” Also, stuff thick rags into the tailpipe, engine air intake, and fresh air intake.
- Fill up the gas tank, and add an appropriate amount of gas stabilizer.
- If you’re parking outside, use a weatherproof car cover. Choose a cover that will not trap moisture and harm the paint.
- Remove the wiper blades from the windshield to prevent sticking or damaging the glass.
Find outdoor car storage at all 10 STORExpress locations and indoor car storage at Etna, McKees Rocks, and Turtle Creek! For car lovers out there, check out our car club in Etna, perfect for storing your car in the winter. We have electrical outlets, climate controlled rooms, and a club equipped with TV’s, pool tables, and lockers.